Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Wild, Wild West

Location: Hermosa Beach, CA 

No Internet for the last couple nights but I just posted some stuff that I wrote if you want to check it out.  

Today was our day in Hollywood, CA.  We woke up early and got breakfast with Matt's uncle right on Hermosa Beach before taking the train into Hollywood.  It's weird because Hollywood is the place that I really wanted to see on this trip and we still have quite a ways to go.  It's like it's over even though it's not.   Speaking of which, I have no idea how I going to handle being in one place when this trip is over.  Luckily, I still have another 10 or so days before I have to worry about it.  

So we got off the subway in LA on Hollywood Blvd.  and walked around.  I know the Hollywood walk of fame is more or less a joke at this point but it was still kind of surreal to see them in person.   We drove to the West Coast....how crazy is that.  

We strolled down the boulevard for a while and then hopped back on the subway to Universal City where we went into the Universal Studios outside lobby type thing with all the trendy shops and what not.  We talked to some slam ball player (think NBA Jam....only real) and then found out it cost $65 to get into the park and promptly left.  

Then awesomness happened.  We went back to the Blvd. and the Kodak Theater where the American Film Institute was holding their lifetime tribute to Warren Beatty.  So we spent the next two hours standing by the red carpet and got to see some pretty awesome stars including Jane Fonda, Chevy Chase, Faye Dunaway, Eva Marie Saint, Eve Mendes, Hugh Hefner, Robert Downy friggen Jr., MC Hammer (for real), Tony Shaloub, Angela Lansbery and of course Beatty and his wife Annette Benning.   It was pretty sweet.  

After that fun, I had some of the worst pizza I have ever had in my life for dinner and then walked down to Sunset Blvd. just to be able to say I was there.  At this point, it was time to escape from LA so we got back on the train and took the hour ride back to the beach.  Needless to say,  there were a lot of unhappy Lakers fans on that train tonight.  

Tomorrow we are getting up early and hitting the beach for a while before driving the Pacific Coast Highway up to San Fransisco.   Seeing LA today was so awesome and it's the latest place on the list of places I have to get back to.   I have said this a thousand times in here already but man this trip has been amazing. 

No comments: