Sunday, June 15, 2008

reNO

Location: Elko, NV

After an awesome day in San Francisco we started the long road back East today.  

Since my last post we got the hell out of the Vagabond Inn Saturday morning and went to see the Golden Gate Bridge.  Even in the California haze it was a pretty amazing sight.  Just another one of those things that I have seen so many times on TV or whatever and finally got to see for real.  

After that we went to ATT Park and managed to get three tickets to the Giants/A's game for $34. More on that in a minute.  From there we met up with Matt's friend Pascal and got food and walked/trollyed around the city.  San Francisco is a city built on top of another city and as a result the hills in the town are absolutely brutal to walk up.  I don't know how people do that everyday.  Other than that though, there is nothing bad I can say about SF.  It was just an awesome city that I need to get back to immediately.  Along with San Antonio and New Orleans it was definitely my favorite city on the trip and it is probably my favorite out of the three as well.

That night me, TJ & Dan hit the ball game.  Our seats we're literally as far away from the field as possible but it was still a lot of fun.  Not caring about the game at all, it was actually really great being able to see the field and the surrounding city from that high up.  The breeze from the bay though made it quite cold up there.  

We drove for a few hours after the game and stayed at another Motel 6 in Cameron Park, CA.  It had no Internet but the toilet worked so that was nice.  

This morning we drove to Tahoe and took and saw the gigantic lake before going to my leading candidate for worst city in America...Reno, NV.   There is no way to even put it words how grimy the city is.  I did leave the city up $4 which was an improvement from that other NV gambling city.  If I didn't totally space out on and hit with a twenty when I was playing blackjack I probably would have had a little more then that to but what can you do.  

From Reno we wanted to get towards Salt Lake City and ended up here in Elko, NV.  The hotel we're in tonight is actually pretty nice especially for us.  Internet, toilet and EIGHT pillows.   Yeah, I know.  

Tomorrow we got to Salt Lake City early and then get as close as possible to Yellowstone.  It's hard to believe we are more then halfway done with this trip already.   

No comments: